Tarsus Museum

Kubat Pasha Madrasah, which was restored in 1966, was turned into a museum in 1971. After serving in this madrasa for a long time, it moved to its present building in Tarsus Cultural Center in 1998. The museum has two large salons, exhibiting ethnographic and archeological artifacts.

Ethnography Exhibition Wholesale

Ethnographic artifacts of Tarsus and its region, an important part of Cukurova culture, are exhibited here. It is seen that the social, religious and philosophical understanding of the people living in Tarsus and its region reflects on the mining work and weaving. In addition, silver, copper and wood on the unlimited thought of people with great care has been processed. Silver horse horses, horses, amulets, rug kilims, color harmony and form in women's clothing, silver hills, head pendulums, money cuts, diversity in kitchenware are some of the artifacts of the Yoruk and Türkmen cultures. The instruments of war belong to the Ottoman period. Lighter rifles, guns, swords, cambers, barrels, binoculars, ceremonial shields, a part of the period military war equipment. Among the ethnographic works are the silver mouthpieces, silver watches, rings, agate beads, manuscript hadith and Quran books, nargile, materials of daily life in social life.

Tarsus House

In the museum, a Tarsus house corner was also created and the past house culture was reflected daily. In the house where daily life passes, the place and the world of the woman and the table culture are revived. A large inland tomb tradition dating back to the lower display hall of the ethnographic hall is exhibited as another richness of Ottoman culture.

Archaeological Works Wholesalel

Archaeological artifacts The exhibition hall has been formed for many years by excavations in the Tarsus region and works that have been transferred to the museum through purchasing. The hall was collected in two groups, namely Tarsus and Eastern Anatolian artifacts, and displayed in chronological order. 7000 years of cultural history is completed with works belonging to Chalcolithic, Bronze and Iron Age, Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine Period.

Excavation Section

Bronze Age Gözlükule works consist of various forms of terracotta everyday use and kitchen utensils and bronze utensils. Tarsus Republic Field excavation works, bronze furniture feet, terracotta lamps, actor figure, amphorolar Tethis mosaic bone tools, terra cotta weaving weights.Donuktas - terracotta lamps, marble architectural pieces, glass bracelets, terracotta figurines Heads. In addition to the marble column covering and candles found in the St.Paulus Well excavation, the jug, tear bottles and hydria M.S. It is the main artifacts of the I. Century.

Section of Chronological Works

The works that are transferred to the museum through purchasing are put into a certain chronological order. Chalcolithic, Bronze Age, Iron Age artifacts, Adana region and Eastern Anatolian origin. Rython vessels, cylinder and stone seals, spindle whorls, pedestal vessels are the most important works. Archaic, Classical and Hellenistic period works include various forms of vessels, amphoriskos, lekythos, and lamps.
Bronze amphoras and scrolls, bronze amphorae, scales and wedges are the works of Roman period. This chronology is completed with the works of the Byzantine period. The works of the Byzantine period are completed with gold works, gold leaves, diadems, scarlet earrings, gold rings and swords, bronze hairpins, glass surrahs plates and tear bottles.
Stone works BC 330 - M.S. 396 Tarsus marble bust and statues. Grave stalactites and terracotta tombs were also found in BC From the 6th century to the M.S. Documents of the dead cult of Tarsus and its region until the 5th century BC.

Coin Display Section

The coins that started in the 5th century BC have created a rich collection of Persian, Classical, Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine and Islamic periods.

St. Paulus Museum

After St. Paulus left Tarsus, where he lived and lived, St. We know that there are a few churches in the name of Paulus. P. Lucas who arrived in Tarsus in 1704, Kinner in 1813 and V. Longlois St. in 1851. They visited these churches built in the name of Paulus. St. Only one of the churches built in the name of Paulus was able to come up to daylight. Today this church is St. Paulus is restored to memory and used as a memorial museum.